Education Assistant and Phone Receptionist
The Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania, located in the Chestnut Hill section of Philadelphia, seeks an Education Assistant and Phone Receptionist.
This part-time position plays an integral role in the Continuing Education department by serving as an assistant and registrar for the more than 150 classes, lectures and trips Morris Arboretum offers annually.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Processing class registrations and payments, while maintaining accurate records in Raiser’s Edge
- Compiling and submitting weekly revenue reports to finance department
- Confirming class logistics and updating internal calendar with class set-up needs
- Providing excellent customer service while answering and directing telephone and email inquiries
- Greeting visitors and assisting with office and facilities needs at the Arboretum’s LEED-certified Horticulture Center
- Assisting with research and planning of classes, trips, and symposia
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong multi-tasking ability
- Strong Customer Service experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Excel, and Word
- Experience using a constituent database, Raiser’s Edge experience preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively
Employment type: Hourly, part-time, two days per week from 9:00am – 4:30pm.
To apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, along with a completed University of Pennsylvania Employment Application which can be downloaded here.