Completed in 1898, the greenhouse allowed John Morris to grow exotic plants under glass and then transplant them onto the grounds. Very little remains of the original structures in the area. The headhouse was built in the early 1940s and current greenhouses were rebuilt in 1998. The only remaining structure from the Morrises' time is the one cold frame closest to the fernery.
The Arboretum is open as usual today 10:00am - 4:00pm. Please use extra caution on pathways as some ice may persist.
Please note that winter weather conditions can change quickly, check back or call (215) 247-5777 before heading out for a visit.
Weather conditions may limit garden access to certain features even if the garden is open – please check the web site or call (215) 247-5777 for updates before visiting. Our visitors’ safety in the garden is our top priority. Therefore when inclement weather is predicted, we will make decisions about closing the garden accordingly.