Built in 1908, the Pump House was put in place to send water up the hill to the garden fountains, beginning with Orange Balustrade. A 1917 City Water Map shows the Pump House was no longer in use because all of the Arboretum's fountains were hooked up to the city water system. The Pump House was renovated in 1994 and serves a decorative function today.
Some trails and paths may be closed seasonally for safety or maintenance. Please observe protective barriers or posted notices. Click here for hours.
Please note that weather conditions can change quickly, check back or call (215) 247-5777 before heading out for a visit.
Weather conditions may limit garden access to certain features even if the garden is open – please check the web site or call (215) 247-5777 for updates before visiting. Our visitors’ safety in the garden is our top priority. Therefore when inclement weather is predicted, we will make decisions about closing the garden accordingly.