Work began on English Park around 1912. John Morris filled it mainly with plants collected in China. In keeping with English tradition, this park provides light, open views of the entire area. After years of decline culminating in an overgrown landscape in the 1960s and 1970s, these views and open spaces have been restored. The English Park contains significant collections of maples, witchhazels, dogwoods, cherries, and stewartias.
The Arboretum is open as usual. Click here for hours.
Please note that weather conditions can change quickly, check back or call (215) 247-5777 before heading out for a visit.
Weather conditions may limit garden access to certain features even if the garden is open – please check the web site or call (215) 247-5777 for updates before visiting. Our visitors’ safety in the garden is our top priority. Therefore when inclement weather is predicted, we will make decisions about closing the garden accordingly.