The Rose Garden, created in 1888, is one of the oldest features of the estate and was originally a flower garden with a marble fountain as a central feature, with four quadrants containing boxed-edged walks in between. The summer house and Italianate balustrades were added 20 years later.
The Arboretum is open as usual. Click here for hours.
Please note that weather conditions can change quickly, check back or call (215) 247-5777 before heading out for a visit.
Weather conditions may limit garden access to certain features even if the garden is open – please check the web site or call (215) 247-5777 for updates before visiting. Our visitors’ safety in the garden is our top priority. Therefore when inclement weather is predicted, we will make decisions about closing the garden accordingly.