This water feature was built in 1916 facing the hilltop site of Compton. Lydia Morris commissioned the fountain in the Beaux Arts style with an imaginative use of water – popular in late Victorian landscapes in the Philadelphia area. The fountain originally was interconnected with other fountains in English Park.
The lower portion of the Rose Garden is closed due to renovations to the turf. The top gate is open to allow for visual access, just not foot traffic. We hope to reopen quickly.
Please note that weather conditions can change quickly, check back or call (215) 247-5777 before heading out for a visit.
Weather conditions may limit garden access to certain features even if the garden is open – please check the web site or call (215) 247-5777 for updates before visiting. Our visitors’ safety in the garden is our top priority. Therefore when inclement weather is predicted, we will make decisions about closing the garden accordingly.