Commitment to Privacy
The University Club at the University of Pennsylvania is committed to providing access to services and information online in a manner that respects and protects your privacy. This statement describes our information collection practices and explains how we use and protect your personal information.
This statement applies only to information collected by this web site.
What we collect and why
We collect the following types of information about you:
- Personally identifiable information that you provide voluntarily. This includes information such as home and campus addresses, email address, and phone numbers that allow us to contact you regarding your Club membership.
- The information entered on this site, including for example your name, contact information and credit card information, are collected to process the transaction you are authorizing. We utilize third parties to process this transaction, using only the necessary information needed to securely perform their functions, and they are prohibited from using it for other purposes.
Cookies are small text files that many web sites transfer to users' hard drives to enable the site to deliver personalized services or to provide persistent authentication. The information contained in a cookie typically includes information collected automatically by the web server and/or information provided voluntarily by the user. The user controls, via the computer’s operating system, whether cookies will be accepted and, if so, how they will be handled (for example, deleted or saved). Our web site does NOT use cookie technology.
Our office is committed to ensuring the security of your information. We have put in place reasonable physical, technical, and administrative safeguards designed to prevent unauthorized access to, or use of, the information collected online. For example, Penn has contracted with third parties that have met industry-standards for security to take in necessary data, such as credit card information, to store, transmit and process this transaction securely.
Sharing your information
We will not share your information with third parties except
Penn has contracted with third parties that have met industry-standards for security to take in necessary
data, such as credit card information, to store, transmit and process this transaction securely.
- as required by law,
- as necessary to protect the University's interests,
- with service providers acting on our behalf who have agreed in writing to protect the confidentiality of the data, or
- in instances that you permit OR in accordance with your consent
If you are authorizing periodic payments, these third parties will retain the information you have provided when
necessary to process such payments.
Links to other web sites
This site may contain links to other web sites not affiliated with our office. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these other sites, including other University of Pennsylvania sites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of other sites for assurance that their practices safeguard your privacy.
Children under 13
This web site is intended for use by people aged 13 or older. If you are under 13, please do not send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
Changes to Statement
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time and will post the changes on this site.
We welcome suggestions and questions about our privacy statement. Please send them to at: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions about privacy at Penn overall, please send email to email@example.com, call 1-888-BEN-TIPS (1-888-236-8477), or visit http://www.upenn.edu/privacy