A Closer Look
Sustainable Transportation & Commuting
Transportation Services has worked closely with its partners on a number of initiatives in support of more sustainable transit and commuting options, including:
- Expanded our ridesharing options through campus carsharing contracts with PhillyCarShare and ZipCar
- In addition to the 5% discount SEPTA offers commuters, Penn adds an additional 5% to qualified commuters.
- Introduced a Bike Commuter Reimbursement Program.
- Added Occasional Parking, Vanpooling and Carpooling to give more options for sustainable commuting.
- Instituted Low Emission vehicle parking.
- Promoted the Emergency Ride Home program.
- Purchased low emission vehicles for our Penn Transit Fleet.
- Opened a new Propane Fueling Station at Penn's South Bank.